Tuesday, October 15, 2024

WHY PRAY?

 Today, we begin the series on “PRAYER.” This is a new season; a season of RECOVERY, TOTAL RESTORATION, and ELEVATION. 

 

In John 14:13-14 Jesus said, “And whatsoever ye shall ASK in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ASKanything in My name, I will do it.”

 

The emphasis in this Scripture is “ask.” Why then do you find it difficult to ask God to prosper you, to promote you, to heal you, to protect you? If you don’t ask you won’t receive.

 

In Matthew 21:22 Jesus said, “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ASK in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.”

 

A prayerless Christian is a weak and defeated Christian. A prayerless church is a social gathering. A prayerless nation is a godless nation. Prayerlessness is evidence of the lack of love for Jesus. The flesh does not love Jesus. The family that does not pray together is a defeated family. They can never stick together. 

 

Except you pray things won’t change because God has to get involved for things to change. Except we pray God won’t get involved and you’ll never get the result you expect. 

 

What happens when you pray? When you pray the first thing that God does is to reveal you to you. For instance, God revealed Isaiah to Isaiah when Isaiah prayed.

    

In Isaiah 6:5 Isaiah said, “Woe is me! For I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.”

 

The Bible says, “MANY are THE AFFLICTIONS of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all. He guards all his bones; not one of them is broken” (Ps. 34:19-20). 

 

How does the Lord deliver His people from affliction? He does that through prayers only.

 

In Jeremiah 33:3 God said, “Call unto Me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.”

 

When should we call on the LORD? In the day of trouble!

 

In Psalm 50:15 God said, “And call upon Me IN THE DAY OF TROUBLE: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me.”

 

In Psalm 91:15 God said, “He shall call upon Me, and I will answer Him: I will be with Him in trouble; I will deliver Him, and honour Him.”

 

In Jeremiah 29:12-14 God said, “Then shall ye call upon Me, and ye shall go and pray unto Me, and I will hearken unto you. 13 And ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with all your heart. 14 And I will be found of you, saith the Lord: and I will turn away your captivity...”

 

Zechariah 4:6-7 says, “This is the Word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the Lord of hosts. 7 Who art thou, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain...”

 

1 Samuel 2:9 says, “...for by strength shall no man prevail.”

 

Ecclesiastes 9:11 says, “...the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.”

 

What is the first thing the Lord requires you to do when trouble strikes? Simply Pray! 

 

James 5:13 says, “Is any among you AFFLICTED? Let him PRAY...” 

 

James 5:14-16 says, “Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And THE PRAYER OF FAITH shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he has committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

16 Confess your faults one to another, and PRAY ONE FOR ANOTHER, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” 

 

What kind of prayer should the elders pray? The prayer of faith.

    

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he has committed sins, they shall be forgiven him” (Jam. 5:15).

What happens when the righteous prays? When the righteous man prays, tremendous power is released by heaven to destroy whatever yoke and set the captive free.

 

In Matthew 7:7-8 Jesus said, “ASK, and it shall be given you; SEEK, and ye shall find; KNOCK, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.”

 

Praise and Worship/Prayers:

a) Ephesians 1:16-21 says, “I cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us ward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power, 20 Which He wrought in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead, and set Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places, 21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come.”

 

a)     John 14:21

He that hath My commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love Him, and will manifest Myself to him.”

 

  1. Lord, show me mercy and revive my prayer life, in Jesus’ Name.
  2. I command the law of substitution to begin to operate in my favour, in Jesus’ Name.
  3. I overrule every demonic decision taken against my life and my elevation, in Jesus’ Name.
  4. I decree that no evil meeting summoned against me shall prosper, in Jesus’ Name.
  5. I command every internal stronghold, to be broken now, in Jesus’ Name.
  6. I pull down every external stronghold that is working against my life and my elevation, in Jesus’ Name.
  7. I command every satanic plan to embarrass me, to dissolve by fire right now, in Jesus’ Name.
  8. I command every gathering of the ungodly against me, physically or spiritually, to be scattered unto desolation right now, in Jesus’ Name.


Watch out for the next edition of Good News from the Pulpit


  • Your friend: I. I. MADUBUNYI (Senior Pastor)                                    @ the HQs, Oct.15th, 2024

 

No comments:

Post a Comment